Parveen Babi – Family, Fame & Facts
Name: Parveen Babi (Birth Name: Parveen Wali Mohammad Khan Babi)
Birthday: 4th April 1949
Date of Death: 20th January 2005 (overdose)
Sibling(s): Only Child
Spouse: Never married.
Past Boyfriends: Married director Mahesh Bhatt, actor Kabir Bedi and actor Danny Dengzopa.
Parents: Father – Vali Mohammed Babi
Claim to Fame: Working alongside Amitabh Bachchan in his big hits like Majboor, Deewar and Amar Akbar Anthony
First Movie Success: Majboor (1974)
Movies to Transform the Career: Amar Akbar Anthony, Deewar, Namak Halaal, Shaan, Kranti, Yeh Nazdeekiyan, Kaalia, Khud-Daar, Mahaan, Ashanti & Kala Pathar.
- She moved to New York in 1983 and became associated with a spiritual advisor named U.G Krishnamurti.
- She returned to Mumbai in 2002 where she had put on considerable weight
- She accused many foreign dignitaries and her former co-star, Amitabh Bachchan, of conspiring to kill her but her petition in court was dismissed for lack of evidence. She also filed an affidavit in the special court hearing the 1993 serial bomb blasts case, claiming that she had evidence to show, but she did not turn up in court after being summoned saying that she was afraid of being killed.
- She suffered from schizophrenia
- Allegedly director/write Mahesh Bhatt wrote Arth (1982) and Woh Lamhe'(2006) as a semi-autobiographical story of Mahesh Bhatt’s relationship with Parveen Babi. Mahesh was also a married man.
- She became a recluse and was later found dead in her Mumbai apartment in 2005 after her residential society secretary complained to police Babi had not collected her milk and newspapers for two days.
- People believe she died either by overdose of medicine or natural causes by her disease
- First India to be on the cover of Time Magazine.
Family Connections: Father was the Nawab of Junagadh.